viernes, 6 de marzo de 2015

Most common mistakes in English by Spanish speakers



 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgTgfvf4Utqdvxr-3vLMf7eHhp1dKNAT3m-ZvQCKPgnEhd-FaoeP8ZFLHs_mFunPrGKXUkcMIP1MqkOl4GDEomsO5ulkmcPtL9SyCmwTvdi6NlZViGmQA-VIOLE5O3_pA7jI631PsBTjc3_/s1600/error.png
Even we understand erros as a necessary part of the learning process of language earners, here you are a couple of links that show of the most common mistakes Spanish speakers make in English (levels A2/B1):


http://www.englishcurrent.com/grammar/common-english-mistakes-quiz/

http://www.slideshare.net/iclaudius/common-mistakes

Furthermore, here you'll find a list with common mistakes. You can check your ansers by getting to the answer key below.

All the sentences contain common mistakes. Put in the correct sentences. Use uncontracted forms

EXAMPLE

– Listen!  The birds sing.– INCORRECT: Listen the birds are singing

1.  My train is leaving at 9.15 every morning. 
2. I’m working here since July.
3. We have gone to the theatre yesterday.

4. When I was a child I was loving ice cream.
5. They are not believing us. 
6. We’ll call you when we will get to the airport. 
7. Mayumi is born in Tokyo.
8. Sergey has 25 years. 
9. Do you have hot in that sweater? 
10. He can to speak four languages. 
11. Do you want speak to me?
12. I don’t want go to work today.
13. He sat in the meeting without to speak.
14. I went to the post office for buy stamps.
15. They told to me to leave.
16. I must go to the hospital yesterday.  
17. Where we can change our money?
18. Are ready the children to leave?
19. I’m no tired. 
20. Where is post office?
21. He smiled, but he didn’t say nothing.
22. They all speak English very good. 
23. My sister is doctor.
24. I’m thirsty. Is a bottle of water in the fridge? 
25. Do I must show my passport?
26. Will you like a sandwich?
27. Nobody know where she is.
28. He’s got very loud voice.
29. Most of people like her. 
30. It’s tallest building in the world.
31. Kim plays the piano very better than Henry.
32. When I saw Sue, I gave the present to herself.
33. The life is expensive in London.
34. Sorry, I haven’t got some time.
35. It is more hot today. 
36. This room is too much cold.
37. The woman which helped me is there.
38. The police is looking for him.
39. It’s nice be here with my friends.
40. Eat fruit is good for you.
41. Please listen me carefully.
42. We went at the café yesterday afternoon.
43. I don’t like very much flying.
44. This juice isn’t enough cold.
45. Please give to me your email address.
46 I worked during three hours last night.
47. I will arrive on time if I will leave home now.
48. I don’t believe anything what he says.
49. I asked her what was her address.
50. This coffee isn’t very strong, isn’t it?

ANSWER KEY


1 My train leaves at 9.15 every morning.

2 I’ve been working here since July.
3 We went to the theatre yesterday.
4 When I was a child I loved ice cream.
5 They don’t believe us.
6 We’ll call you when we will get to the airport.
7 Mayumi was born in Tokyo.
8 Sergey is 25. (OR … is 25 years old).
9 Are you hot in that sweater?
10 He can speak four languages.
11 Do you want to speak to me?
12 I don’t want to go to work today.
13 He sat in the meeting without speaking.
14 I went to the post office to buy stamps.
15 They told to me to leave.
16 I had to go to the hospital yesterday. [
17 Where can we change our money?
18 Are the children ready to leave?
19 I’m not tired.
20 Where is the post office?
21 He smiled, but he didn’t say anything.
22 They all speak English very well.
23 My sister is a doctor.
24 I’m thirsty. Is there a bottle of water in the fridge?
25 Must I show my passport? (OR Do I have to …)
26 Would you like a sandwich?
27 Nobody knows where she is.
28 He’s got a very loud voice.
29 Most of people like her.
30 It’s the tallest building in the world.
31 Kim plays the piano much better than Henry.
32 When I saw Sue, I gave the present to her.
33 The Life is expensive in London.
34 Sorry, I haven’t got any time.
35 It is hotter today.
36 This room is too much cold. (OR … much too cold)
37 The woman who helped me is there.
38 The police are looking for him.
39 It’s nice to be here with my friends.
40 Eating fruit is good for you.
41 Please listen to me carefully.
42 We went to the café yesterday afternoon.
43 I don’t like flying very much.
44 This juice isn’t cold enough.
45 Please give to me your email address. (OR … give your email address to me)
46 I worked for three hours last night.
47 I will arrive on time if I will leave home now.
48 I don’t believe anything that he says.
49 I asked her what her address was.
50 This coffee isn’t very strong, is it?
 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario